Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Snow" much fun!

This past weekend we were blessed by a visit from our daughter and her family who drove up from Delaware. Rather than taking pictures in the studio, we thought we would shoot outside in the snow for a change. Their mom and dad said, "Just make sure your cameras are all ready when they go out because after about ten minutes of cold snow, they are cold, bored and back inside."

Their dad packed down a great sled run on the hill in our front yard and two hours and 200 pictures later, I came inside. They stayed out. "We don't have hills in Delaware, Grandad," they said. It seems all they do at home is run around their flat yard for a while, and hopefully, someone will pull them on a sled as there are no hills in Delaware.

Kids have a great way of humbling us into seeing the lighter side of things, and when I see smiles like these, it makes all this snow and ice worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture. I was just going through my shots from that day. What a fun time we had. The girls loved it and still keep talking about.

    I am glad to hear the ice dam situation is a little better. Hopefully no more big snows for the year. If not your house is going to look really funny with all that panty hose lining the roof and gutters. :)

    Thanks for a great stay. I am enjoying my fasigs coffee and Moonlight.

    Love - Troy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Troy.
    It's great memories like these that keep us going through the hard times.
    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete