Thursday, September 15, 2011

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Boys will be boys, especially when it comes to water. While I was out photographing the flash floods last week, I drove past one of our local soccer fields and found these guys having a great time on their newly created lake, while it lasted.

Events like these are often our best memories as we look back on the fun we had when we were kids. Like these boys, we never thought about what might be in the water. All we cared about was making the best of the moment. I mean, how often can one canoe across the neighborhood soccer field?

One man, obviously more responsible than me, called out to them when they were doing backflips off the goalie cage and suggested they get out of the water because of the possibility of bacteria. I told him I couldn’t see any through my lens, so he left. Why let the opportunity for a good memory go to waste?

No comments:

Post a Comment