Friday, June 19, 2009

Park Avenue Pizza?

Well, back to Manhattan and what I thought was going to be the very best mouthwatering street-cart pizza in New York by 345 Park Ave. (blog comment June 9) turned out to be an aberration of mind. In fact, as you can see by the menu, the street chef offered everything from burgers to salads and chicken souvlaki, but no pizza and no hot dogs. His multi-national cuisine included Greek, Italian, American and even Philadelphia selections, but no pizza.

To add insult to injury, the cart at St. Bart’s across the street offered everything that the non-pizza cart did not, except pizza.

Maybe it was there one day in the past, “But not in the past 27 years,” said my new best street-chef friend as he was cleaning his grill and waiting for the truck to pick up his kitchen and drive off for the night.

Was there ever a pizza cart there? I’m sure there was because daughters never mislead their dads, but it does make me wonder. Perhaps it was listed under the Philly cheese steak at one time, but not anymore.

So, I went up the street to Starbucks to suck on an ice mocha and eat the rest of my trail mix. I mean, once you begin to salivate for the Park Avenue cart pizza, a juicy chicken souvlaki just doesn’t cut it. But then again, if I ate from the cart everyday, I’d look like the guy on the menu. My new best street-chef friend said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment