Thursday, October 7, 2010

He went that way!

Have you ever tried to "read" a child's face? Have you wondered how a baby interprets what we look like or what we are doing before they can form a word?

When I see a face like this, I guess I put myself, as a kid, in his place. "I didn't do it Mom, he did it!" "There he goes, Mrs. Jones, the kid who rode his bike through your petunias." "I didn't knock over your outhouse, Mr. Whipple, those kids running down the street did." The words are all there, but we need to see the face to complete the communication.

In business, we so often we hide behind our emails, voice and text messages, tweets, and conference calls to communicate yet, more than seventy percent of us communicate best visually. That's why face-to-face meetings are so important in business, especially first time meetings. We add so much to our words with our gestures and expressions, the language of our body.

No comments:

Post a Comment