Thursday, June 9, 2011

Do you see what I see?

Some would call this the good life. Others would say, “Is that all there is?” Some people watch people, like the two on the right, and other people just watch, like the gentleman on the left. In either case there is nothing like a bench at the beach to watch every kind of humanity known to humanity, or to just sit and stare at the ocean and dream, or perhaps remember great times from the past.

These three people fascinated me as I watched them watch. Sometimes they spoke. Sometimes they just watched. I couldn’t help but wonder if they were related to each other, how often they came to sit on their boardwalk bench, where they lived, what kind of life they had lived, where had they traveled and what were some of the best memories of their past?

There’s a part of me that wants to know, and for those of you who know me, you’re probably wondering why I didn’t ask them and photograph them from the front. But this time, I really didn’t want to know the answers. Instead, I too just wanted to enjoy the scene in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment