Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pause and reflect.

Calvin and Hobbes cartoonist, Bill Watterson, once said, “Do you ever wonder if the guy in the puddle is real and you are just a reflection?”

Reflections are powerful. They are often a reference point for thinking about our future. You see, when we wonder about our future we often reflect on our past. Families, jobs, vacations, significant events, tragedies and triumphs, we seem to remember them all when we reflect.

Sometimes we like to be alone when we reflect and other times we like to share our reflections with someone. For some people, reflections are therapeutic and for some, not so much.

Reflections make us leave where we are and go to some other place, in some other time. We wonder whatever happened to the people and places in our reflections. We wonder about past decisions we have made regarding our lives, and perhaps, make better choices about our future.

So what do you see when you pause and reflect? Do you see yourself in a different place and a different time, or do you wonder if the person in the window is real and you’re just a reflection?

1 comment:

  1. My fiance claims I don't ever want to talk about my past. But I argue that I'm too busy thinking about the future. That makes me think I tried to avoid reflecting a little

    ReplyDelete