Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Well not really, but this is where I sit each night waiting for that glimmer of "blogspiration." I could stare at the poinsettia that our friend Nora sends us each year to alert us that Christmas is approaching. She is one of those "one-in-every-class" kinds of people that has everything bought, wrapped and shipped by the first of December. You know the type, the first one to turn in their term paper, and usually the day after it was assigned. They always won the school spelling bees, and in her case the state spelling bees. As for me, I'm usually late with Christmas stuff, my term papers were never done on time and was never allowed to even attend a spelling bee.

I could also stare at the fire for hours, but I know nothing will happen until I open the computer and put my fingers into action on the keyboard. It's the looming presence of Nora's poinsettia reminding me that she would have all of January's blogs already written by now, that is if she had a blog . . . hmmmm, maybe I'm one up on her, finally. But then in her humble ambitious way, she's probably relieved that we moved ahead of her in something.

Yes, everyone could use a "Nora" in their life and no, you can't have ours. Merry Christmas Nora. We love you and thank you for all that you have done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment