Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First day of snow

Ok, the 11 o'clock news said we would get an inch or two of snow after midnight which would turn into rain about 4 a.m. In my usual independent four-wheel-drive I-can-do-it mindset, I would have no trouble making my 7 a.m. breakfast meeting an hour away, that is until I got up and looked outside at six inches of snow and no rain.

Just to be sure, I turned on the TV to check the traffic conditions. Interstate 84 was down to one lane to the east of us, but I wasn't going that direction. Next they said there were three accidents to the west, my direction.

While I was up for the challenge to head up the twenty percent grade of our nearly 200 foot unplowed driveway, I was not up for the challenge of highway whackos on the first day of real snow. My only other challenge was to shovel my way to the grill to cook hot dogs for lunch, but then I've had lots of practice doing that and no one gets in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment