Saturday, May 28, 2011

Git-r-done!

Can you tell I just finished watching an episode of Larry the Cable Guy? What a riot. “Get-r-done” has got to be one of the most common phrases heard by married men on a holiday weekend Saturday, like today. All those “honey-do” projects that we weekend warriors have been putting off all spring, or perhaps carrying over from last spring, are suddenly nailed to our escape door where we can’t miss them.

As for me, the list continues into the remaining days of the weekend. I spent the afternoon cuddling the air conditioning ductwork in our attic hoping for a leak of cool air as I laid flooring in the afternoon heat so we could store more stuff. Then it was mix and spray three gallons of bug spray around the perimeter of the house before the ants retaliate with people spray to get rid of us. Yes, we bought the primer, spray paint and sandpaper for a few other projects, too, and I know there are more when those are done.

Now you know why I like winter. As long as I can keep ahead of the mouse population, keep the driveway clear, and bring in the firewood, the “honey-do” list disappears until spring. What’s on your list for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment