Monday, May 16, 2011

Wanna get away?

There's something about a man and his dog that is so iconic about "the good life." We are so busy with the "busyness" of life that we seldom take time to get rid our baggage, go away somewhere and relax. It may only be a few hours, but we need that downtime to recharge our brain. For some it may be a round of golf to divert their focus, for others a long run to clear their head, and for others a mindless retreat into the pages of a book, a real book with paper pages, not another electronic device with a screen full of words.

As for me, when I want to get away, just give me a camera and drop me off somewhere. Anywhere. I'm as comfortable photographing people in Times Square or a flea market, as I am trees in the woods. They are all relaxing to me, even though they are totally different.

I spotted this man and his dog enjoying the good life fly-fishing from their canoe on the Pomperaug River here in Southbury. The dog was soaked from jumping into the river, and the striped bass were biting like crazy. They had been fishing together ever since the dog was a puppy. It was their time to get away and enjoy "the good life."

So where do you go when you "wanna" get away? What is "the good life" place for you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment