Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas IS over!

I know, I know, Christmas is over. It's time to pull the ceiling steps down and clamber my way to the attic to drag out the boxes and pack up all the Christmas decorations. "But honey," I unsuccessfully protest, "They've only been up for three weeks. Surely you want to look at them at least another month. You worked so hard pulling everything out. It seems like you just finished."

We have this discussion every year, and of course I end up in the attic later that afternoon to retrieve about a hundred tote bins for the ornaments, angels, nativities, snowmen, stars, sparkly stuff and lights. I think I procrastinated well into February one year, but I paid dearly as the needles on the tree had totally dried out and my hands felt like I had lost a fight with a porcupine.

This year I found a new and productive way to procrastinate. "Honey, how would you like me to photograph all the decorations you so carefully put all over the house this year before we put them away?"

It worked. The boxes are still in the attic!

No comments:

Post a Comment