Monday, January 25, 2010

Peace

I passed a cemetery when I was driving home Saturday morning. I go past it a couple of times a week, but today it was 17 degrees, and the ground glistened with frost. It was especially peaceful with the sun peaking through the trees lighting up different tombstones as it began to rise in the sky. As always, I had the camera with me, and as much as I didn't want to leave the warm car and heated seat, I ventured out to grab about a dozen images before my knees turned to ice from kneeling so low.

The inscription on the fifteen year-old tombstone read, "Mom, your love will live in our hearts forever," which said to me all were at peace about the passing of an apparently wonderful mom.

The peace project was a creative exercise assignment for the Burns Auto Parts blog. Yes, "auto parts," don't ask, just click, to see how others visualized peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment