Tuesday, May 25, 2010

C D B

D B S A B-Z B. O, S N-D!
No, I haven't lost it. I mean, why spell it out when sounding it out makes so much sense? I didn't remember William Steig's classic 1968 children's book, CDB, but Lois did. I had enough trouble reading real words without trying to decode letter sounds.

Bees at dusk are amazing creatures as they buzz from blossom to blossom feeding on nectar and gathering pollen before they go home for the night. Although they can reach speeds up to 50 m.p.h., their daily routes are less than twenty feet from their hive.

I guess it's like taking a Ferrari around the corner to buy a quart of milk. All that speed and no place to go.

1 comment:

  1. At first glance I didn't even notice the bee. Cool pic!! (I wish they would stick to flowers and stay away from the house. The wood bees are back and the sawdust is getting thick.)

    ReplyDelete