Saturday, May 29, 2010

Streak of light


So who needs daylight when you have a flashlight. In fact, the mountain laurel, state flower of Connecticut and Pennsylvania, is actually easier to photograph after sundown as it is so brilliant in direct sunlight. Even though it was the end of the day at Murray Pond, I just could not put the camera away, but it was so dark, I couldn't see. So, I focused the camera manually, held the shutter open, and ran the beam of my flashlight across the blossoms. We call it the "Versace" effect, named after Vincent Versace, a photographer who is a master at creating light flows in otherwise plain images.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! What a beautiful picture of a Mountain Laurel, which is one of my favorite bushes. Hmmm, come to htink of it, I love so many of them!

    ReplyDelete