Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Framed

I have found that choosing the right frame for a picture is about as much fun as picking wallpaper, which is why all our walls are painted. I have found it more fun to take a frame with me and shoot until I find just the right picture for it.

So, over the past few years, we (that's editorial for "I") have been buying those large ornate frames that are the last items to be sold, or often given away, at tag sales. You know, the gawdy, over-gilded, tarnished frames that are chipped or cracked and have more screw hooks and wires in the back than the local hardware store.

As my inventory approached the clutter stage, I began overlapping my prized collection across the wide mantle in our studio. I told Lois it was a new art form. She bought it, and they stayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment