Saturday, June 26, 2010

Morning light


It's just one of three maple trees on a neighbor's lawn that I drive past at least once a day, but a couple of days ago, I walked past it at 6:30 in the morning with our dog and of course, a camera. There is just nothing like that early morning backlight to bring out the beauty of a simple maple tree against a background of trees still untouched by the rising sun. Even the trunk and branches take shape as they begin to see the sun.

While the tree looks isolated, there are actually a couple of houses nearby, but I try not to look to see if anyone is watching. Most of them know me as, "that neighbor with the dog who carries a camera with him," and ignore me. But I can deal with that, because in half an hour, the light will change, the tree will be absorbed into obscurity until another sunrise, and I'll be off looking for something else to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment